- 1 yard of 45″ print fabric for the Bed
- 5/8 yard of polar fleece for the Pillow
- Matching thread
- 1/2 yard VELCRO® brand sew on fastener
- 18″ square pillow or pillowform
- Cut print fabric into two 18″ x 45″ pieces.
- Cut polar fleece to 19″ wide x 50
- To sew the Bed, place the print fabric’s short ends, right sides together and stitch to form one long piece.
- Turn under 1″ hems on each end, press, then stitch.
- Stitch long seam, right sides together, leaving an opening in the center, about 8″ long for stuffing.
- Stitch each end closed, then apply VELCRO® tape, stitching along each edge of fastener to secure.
- Stuff tube with polyfill. Stitch opening closed to complete the Bed.
- To sew the Pillow, turn under 4″ on each short end of fleece, making a hem. Zig-zag over the edge to secure.
- Lap fabric piece over pillow form. Pin in place, slip out pillow form.
- Stitch 1/2″ seams, taking care to not shift the hemmed edges.
- Slip pillowform inside.
Now, let sleeping dogs lie (in style).